Due to the vast diversity in Bali itself, it makes sense that besides traditional western weddings wedding planners also organizes Asian and Hindu weddings. You will be in contact with a lot of diverse couples as well as working with Indonesian people. Therefore, cultural openness is a must for this internship and a willingness to learn basic Indonesian in order to communicate with both the guests and colleagues. Additionally, you will be working in a fun and happy environment.
During your internship, you will be working side by side with one of the main wedding planners of the company. You will first need to assist her in planning the weddings. This includes answering her e-mails as well as coming along with meetings with her. Later you will be able to organise a part of the wedding on your own. You can choose for yourself in which process of the organization of a wedding you want to know more about and you can focus on this field. You will get the opportunity to learn a lot about the wedding planning industry. In exchange expect to work long hours during the weddings as well as working on the weekends. However, your hard work will always be rewarded in some way.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Preferable experience in hospitality or planning events
- Ambition to work in the wedding planning industry
- Social and positive personality
- Speaks and writes English fluently
- Interested and open for other cultures
- Professional attitude
- Follows a study related towards Marketing & events, Facility management, Communication or Hospitality